I welcome you to the website of the Municipality of Mytilene. A dynamic website with constantly updated content created to facilitate and inform our visitors and fellow citizens.
The Municipality of Mytilene strives to inform its visitors quickly and efficiently while at the same time facilitating the daily life of citizens through innovative e-government services. This website provides extensive information about the island of Lesvos, thus promoting the beauty and uniqueness of our site to every visitor.
We work daily to improve the services of our Municipality and to improve the daily lives of our fellow citizens. From this effort we could not miss the new opportunities and prospects offered by the new technologies and in particular the internet. By creating this site, we are putting these capabilities at the service of our fellow citizens and improving the visibility and presence of our municipality online.
Mayor of Mytilene
Born in Mytilene, Stratis Kytelis graduated from the Medical School of the University of Athens.
He served in the military at 261st Infantry Regiment as a physician, from where he was dismissed to the rank of Lieutenant Lieutenant.
He served as a specialized physician at Mytilene Prefecture Hospital “Vostaneio” (1989-1993).
Since 1995 he has been serving as an IKA physician in Mytilene, and since 2004 as an Deputy Director of NMY. IKA – ETAM.
Since 2011 he has been Director of NMY. of EOPYY Mytilene.
Since 2002 he is a member of the Board of Directors. of the Medical Association of Lesvos Troop Kettel has served in many positions in Local Government:
- 1990-1998 President of the Stavros Community
- 1998 -2002 Municipal Councilor of the Municipality of Mytilene
- 2002 -2010 President of the Association of Municipalities of Lesvos Prefecture
- 2004-2008 Member of the Board of Directors Lesvos Harbor Fund
- 2010-2014 City Councilor of the Municipality of Lesvos
- 2010-2014 Vice Chairman of the Quality of Life Committee of the Municipality of Lesvos
- 2014-2019 Vice-Governor of the North Aegean